LEAD LINE COOK
Please submit your resume via email to JOBS@EARLYMOUNTAIN.COM
Reports to Executive Chef
Line cook must demonstrate ability to efficiently set up stations as needed, assist the Culinary team with daily tasks and make the cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the kitchen high priority. Line cooks are responsible for the final presentation of plating – accuracy and consistency is key. Cultivating a positive and creative working environment is essential to the foundation of our vision for our Culinary department’s growth.
This full time position offers an extensive benefits package as well as an competitive hourly rate.
¨ Learn and remain familiar with all menu items: including all components of each menu item and how they are prepared
¨ All Culinary team members are responsible for maintaining proper holding and heating temperatures, FIFO, organization of station & walk in space.
¨ Review prep list, check daily pars and maintain pars as necessary, and ensure all food items are dated and up to company standards.
¨ Know and comply with cooking methods, quality standards as well as rules, policies and procedures
¨ Keep a clean and sanitary work station, including all cooking equipment, tables, shelves and refrigeration equipment.
¨ Inspect equipment before and after use, making sure everything is clean and in proper working order.
¨ Prepare all menu items with acute attention to detail while balancing the quick upbeat energy of a fast-paced environment
¨ Follow all opening and closing checklists to ensure that kitchen is closed safely and properly.
¨ Maintain a positive and professional rapport with all coworkers and guests.
¨ Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive and/or Sous Chef.
¨ Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar capacity.
¨ Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all personnel
¨ Must be able to lift 40 lbs regularly, as well as bend, stoop and reach, as well as remain standing for as many as 12 hours.
¨ Follow all recipes & plating specifications as directed
¨ Maintain personal hygiene standards in accordance with Virginia State Health Standards for Food Service Employees
Please submit your resume via email to JOBS@EARLYMOUNTAIN.COM
Reports to VP Strategy & Marketing
Early Mountain is seeking a Community Manager, an outgoing, motivated and results-focused individual to manage our Wine Club community and online presence, and e-commerce sales. This is a full-time position that will work closely with our hospitality team to focus on our most committed clientele and build loyalty and sales with a direct positive impact on growth.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Wine Club Management:
-Maximizing Club Membership and revenue
-Work with the Tasting Room Manager to increase conversions and design creative incentives in the winery tasting room
-Work with the events team to execute extraordinary club events that increase satisfaction and retention
-Build a Club Community both in the winery and beyond and maximize retention
-Work with the VP of Strategy & Marketing to effectively structure Early Mountain’s Wine Clubs and wine selection
-Manage and assess the shipping fulfillment partner
-Administer the Wine Club shipments including payment processing, packaging, and pick-up
-Manage Wine Club metrics and assess success of initiatives
-Maximize revenues through digital channels including our online shop and innovative channels
-Oversee execution of e-commerce orders
-Inventory management of packaging and collateral
-Support effective promotional planning and campaigns including product creation and email design
- Social Media Community Management:
-Work together with the VP Strategy of Marketing for social media management
-Increase engagement, awareness, and success of both Club and Online channels through social media platforms
Key Qualifications and Experience:
- BA and 1-2 years of experience in digital marketing
- Understanding of social media as a means to build community, brand affinity and loyalty
- Gregarious, outgoing personality with a confident digital, phone, and in person communication
- Strong design aesthetic and skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- A passion for hospitality and fulfilling the needs of our customers
- Eagerness and ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Resourceful in analyzing data and making data-led decisions
- Organized, determined and results oriented
- Computer literacy required: Microsoft & Google suite
- Social Media literacy and experience with Facebook Business Manager
- Must possess a current driver’s license
- Willingness to assist in cellar and vineyard as needed, especially during harvest times
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 40 pounds.
Contact: Please submit your resume via email to JOBS@EARLYMOUNTAIN.COM
Reports to: General Manager (at Early Mountain) and VP Finance (in DC corporate offices)
Early Mountain Vineyards is in search of an experienced, motivated, and organized Senior Accountant to oversee a staff of one to three individuals. This position is an integral part of the administrative and finance structure of Early Mountain Vineyards. Theindividual should be dynamic and present a professional image and composure. The ideal candidate should have the ability to be both detail oriented as well as understand the “big picture.”
We are open to this position working remotely for a portion of the work week; however, most weeks physical presence at the winery 3 or more days a week is a necessity.
• Manage various accounting functions including ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue, expenses, fixed assets and inventory, cost of goods, as well as associated analysis and reporting.
• Manage and direct the cost accounting for wine production on both a tax and GAAP basis.
• Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
• Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close and work with DC corporate office accountants on the review of these reports.
• Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll across all Early Mountain Vineyards business units.
• Prepare and review tax reporting and related compliance in conjunction with the outside tax compliance firm.
• Coordinate and oversee the completion of the annual review by the independent accounting firm.
• Prepare the annual budget and assist in forecasting with the DC corporate office accountants.
• Assist in developing and implementing accounting procedures and controls for Early Mountain Vineyards.
• Perform ad hoc special projects that require critical thinking and analytical skills to benefit performance of the business (e.g. analysis of customer spending habits, M&A, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce or in any other accounting
related course of study.
• CPA certification preferred, not required.
• At least 3 years of accounting experience and 1 year of relevant supervisory experience required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of various accounting software and applications; including but not limited to:Great Plains Dynamics or similar general ledger packages. Able to quickly learn and adapt to new technology and POS systems.
• Familiarity and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Must be professional with an upbeat and energetic personality.
TASTING ROOM ASSOCIATE
Our winery is looking for friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic associates with a passion for wine, food and people. Candidates must enjoy speaking on, serving, and uplifting Virginia wine. Exceptional customer service skills, fantastic communication with both customers and other employees are also essential qualities. A desire to expand knowledge of Virginia wine and provide top notch service experiences for our members and guest are key to this position.
We offer a competitive hourly rate with the addition of restaurant equivalent gratuity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Duties vary and will include:
Explain to guests the different style tasting/flight options offered in a knowledgeable and effective manner
Properly checking customer's ID's
Following steps of service that has been set forth by management
Offering wine paring suggestions that complement our menu items
Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation
Clearing and resetting tables
Washing and polishing glassware and silverware
Stocking wine and retail items
Must be able to interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner to ensure complete satisfaction
Working effectively in a team
Learning new wines on a weekly basis
Assisting with special events when needed
At least 21 years old
Able to work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Holiday and weekend hours are required
Ability to lift 40 pounds and walk/stand for long periods of time
Comfortable learning our sales system using advanced technology, such as iPads, for ordering
Handle transactions with accuracy, including taking payments, giving change and packaging of merchandise
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the winery at 6109 Wolftown-Hood Road, Madison, VA 22727.