We believe the best of Virginia wine is complimented by the best food the region has to offer. Our tasting room also serves a full restaurant menu allowing you to stay for a leisurely meal while taking in stunning views of the Blue Ridge foothills.
- Marinated Olives, 6castelvetranos, manzanillas, piquios, orange zest, fennel pollen
- Artisanal Cheese Board, 24local cheeses, creamed honey, seasonal mostarda, marcona almonds
- Artisanal Charcuterie Board, 26locally-cured meats, spicy mustard, housemade pickles
- Cheddar Pimento, 10sharp cheddar, pickled ramps, housemade pimento confit
- Meatballs & Grits, 12pork & beef meatballs, Woodson Mills grits, tomato sauce, parsley & lemon gremolata, pistachios
- Bibb Salad, 8shaved parmesan, chives, red wine vinaigrette
- Strawberry Fennel Salad , 10fennel confit, shaved fennel, green onion, shaved brussel sprouts, esmontonian, citrus vinaigrette
- Grilled Cheese, 10grayson, cheddar, brie
- Ham & Cheddar Panini, 12pepperoncini tartar sauce, giardiniera
- Chicken Salad Sandwich, 14pickled strawberries, potato crisps
- Olive Oil Bundt Cake, 8powdered sugar, blood orange marmalade, pistachios
- Chocolate Cake, 8blackberry Meyer lemon preserve, cardamom cream cheese icing, chocolate cookie crumble
- Chocolate Covered Almonds, 6
Ryan Collins joined Early Mountain Vineyards as Executive Chef in April 2016. Collins was most recently with José Andrés’s ThinkFood Group, where he served in many capacities ranging from cooking at the gastronomy-driven, four-star restaurant Minibar and at the Latin-focused Oyamel to more operational roles where he oversaw the research and development of new restaurants at the company. Through his role leading special events, Collins oversaw live cooking demonstrations for Chef Andrés at world-class culinary events such as the Aspen Food & Wine Classic and Cayman Island Cookout where he had the opportunity to collaborate with top chefs from across the country such as Eric Ripert, Anthony Bourdain, Daniel Boulud, Mario Batali and others. Born and raised in the Washington, DC area, Ryan is a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute. When he’s not roasting a pig or pickling the season’s first ramps, he enjoys biking, making fresh pasta for his wife and watching Star Wars with his two daughters.
At Early Mountain, Chef Collins oversees all aspects of our culinary program, including our Tasting Room restaurant and catering for our private events, where he ensures that the locally sourced, seasonal menu complements the vineyard’s wines produced by winemaker Ben Jordan and team. Collins brings to Early Mountain a true passion for celebrating the agricultural bounty of our local Virginia farms and sourcing ingredients that highlight the terroir-driven qualities of Early Mountain’s wines.